[*Important* Volunteer update] Now ready for assistance (Please read)
posted over 3 years ago by RowlettEagle07 from Rowlett Community Relief and Family T.R.A.C.E.
The Cities of Rowlett and Garland have established a Joint Disaster Management Resource Center, located at the Granger Recreation Center, 1310 W. Avenue F in Garland, which will open at 10:00 A.M. on Wednesday, December 30.
The current resource center operating out of the Rowlett Community Centre will cease operations at some point on Wednesday, once resources have been relocated to the new location. This new joint center will offer volunteers, residents impacted by the tornado, and the organizations offering resources a “one-stop-shop” to connect.
The center will operate three components:
Volunteer Reception Center (VRC) - disaster volunteers are registered and referred to local agencies to assist with relief efforts. At the VRC, volunteers will:
- Complete a registration form and sign a general release of liability statement.
- Accept a referral to an organization needing their services (Referral includes a description of their duties and complete address and contact information for the agency to which they have been referred).
- Receive a form of identification approved by local officials.
- Participate in a safety briefing.
- Agree in writing to follow all safety instructions and directions from supervisors at their work sites.
Client Disaster Services Center - residents impacted by the event can get assistance/access to a multitude of resources and recovery agencies.
Donations Management -Voluntary organizations with established donations structures in place to receive and deliver appropriate donated goods to disaster victims.
Please come see us!
City Officials of Rowlett and Garland
Post a new comment
News by topic
Other recent news
TRACE Area Recovery Center
Our donations center will be opening soon, but we still need to get it filled…
Relief Center at Church in the City CITC
Hi there We can now refer residents to the Furniture Bank. Come by the Relief…
1/19/2016 - Bliss and Fire Church Donations Update
Once again, we are grateful for EVERY donation that we have received so far. These…